EVERY RACE PARTICIPANT AND CREW MEMBER MUST WEAR A PROPERLY FITTED PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE (PFD) WHILE IN OR ON THE WATER. (If you can bring your own – fantastic… there will be some available “on request” on the day)
No person under age 18 is allowed to participate unless his/her parents or legal guardians are present and have signed a waiver. (Date of birth on the day of the regatta determines age.) The oldest paddling crew member will determine which division the boat is entered. A parent may ride in a junior division boat as a non-paddling crew member. All crew MUST sign a Waiver and Release form on race day. Boats will not be allowed to race without a signed agreement from each race participant.
NO SOLICITATION BY ANY GROUP OR INDIVIDUAL IS PERMITTED WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL BY YOUNGTOWN ROTARY CLUB.
Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted on the water at any time.
- Please check in at the registration table between 8:30am – 10:00am
- Unload your boat in the car-park area. After unloading, please move your vehicle to the school oval car-park.
- The entire crew should proceed to the registration table to be assigned a boat number and race heat. Participant Waiver and Release forms should be signed at this time. If an entrant is under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must accompany them.
- Set up your boat display in the appointed Marina.
- After the judges’ inspection is complete, boats will compete one or more boats in the same category and division.
- After the race, the boat crews must remove all cardboard, decorations and other materials from the water and placed in bins provided. Volunteers will be on hand to assist. You can take your boat home with you or dispose of appropriately on-site.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY ANY DESIGN OR RACE RULE OR THE DIRECTION OF A RACE OFFICIAL SHALL BE CAUSE FOR DISQUALIFICATION. THE JUDGES’ DECISION SHALL BE FINAL.
Registration Information: You can register on the day but will need to allow enough time to register prior to your event. Everyone participating in the race (meaning: in the boat on the water) should bring their own personal flotation device (PFD) and sign a Waiver and Release form (available at the registration desk) before being allowed to compete. Anyone not having signed a Waiver and Release form will not be allowed in a boat for any wet or dry race. No exceptions. A PFD is not required for dry boat races.
Find us on FaceBook
© 2017-20 Rotary Club of Youngtown. All rights reserved